Blockchain know-how holds nice potential for the way forward for the worldwide energy sector.
To unlock that potential, 4 analysis tasks supported by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy are exploring blockchain-supported options for the age of distributed energy: Ranging from actual-time energy buying and selling in microgrids, over group-primarily based options and digital energy storage techniques, to platforms that allow energy producers and customers to assist stabilise the native grid.
As a part of the German know-how programme “Smart Services Worlds”, the stand additionally options an interactive exhibit primarily based on augmented actuality. The exhibit takes guests on a digital journey thought the Smart Services Worlds and introduces them to a different 34 tasks.
Furthermore, 4 Hub periods and one Summit session will present an in-depth take a look at the know-how behind the tasks and their imaginative and prescient for the subsequent stage of distributed energy:
- November 12th | 16:00 – 16:15 | Energy Markets Hub – Theatre 6 | “pebbles – designing a local energy market” by Joachim Klaus, Project Manager, Allgäuer Überlandwerke
- November 13th | 10:40 – 11:00 | Lifecycle Management – Theatre 7 | “BloGPV – distributed ledger technology lowers barriers for photovoltaic storage devices” by Thorsten Zoerner, Discovergy
- November 13th | 14:30 – 14:50 | Energy Markets Hub – Theatre 6 | “ETIBLOGG – real-time energy trading in local grids” by Michael Merz, Managing Director, Ponton
- November 13th | 16:45 – 17:30 | Summit Stage | “Panel Discussion: Disrupting the Energy Markets” with Joachim Klaus, Project Manager, Allgäuer Überlandwerke
- November 14th | 10:05 – 10:20 | Energy Markets Hub – Theatre 6 | “SMECS – smart energy communities” by Tobias Müller, Research Assistant, Fraunhofer-Institute for Industrial Engineering IAO